If you landed on this article then you might have been receiving a lot of spam text messages from 32665. 32665 is the number used by Facebook to communicate with its users. It mostly uses this to inform its users of notifications about their profile or when they request a Facebook confirmation code to reset their Facebook password.
Now recently many users reported on how they were bombarded with text messages from 32665 about Facebook notifications. Also, another big problem was, if a person replied to a certain text, that would get posted on Facebook as a reply or a post to whatever notification that reply was. Facebook later clarified that it was a bug which caused this bombardment of messages to users.
What does a text from 32665 mean?
Facebook sends text from 32665 to inform its users about notifications in their accounts. Users can also update their status by sending it to this number. and also if they reply to any notification, then the reply is also automatically posted as a status update or a reply.
If the text was about someone’s birthday, then the reply is posted on the person’s timeline, who’s birthday it is. If it is a reply to a comment, then the reply sent via text is added as a reply to the comment in the said notification.
How to stop text messages from 32665?
You can easily stop these text messages by sending the phrase ‘STOP’ to the same number 32665 and you will receive a message from Facebook that your SMS notifications have been successfully stopped.
How to turn off text notifications from Facebook?
You also have the option to turn off text notifications on the Facebook website. Turning text notifications off should turn off any kind of messages related to Facebook notifications you are still receiving from the 32665 number.
Here’s how to quickly turn off text notification on Facebook –
- Open your Facebook account settings and then go to ‘Notifications‘ and then scroll down to the bottom.
- Then change SMS frequency to ‘Only about your account‘ and turn off all the other options below about SMS notifications like the comments, tags, reminders, etc.
How to turn off text notifications from Facebook on mobile?
The process for turning off text notifications from Facebook on the mobile app is also pretty similar to the way it is done on the desktop website. Here’s how to do it –
- Open the Facebook app, then from the hamburger menu options open your account settings.
- Now look for Notification settings in the list of options in the settings page.
- Open ‘Text Messaging‘ and then edit the notifications option.
- Then press ‘Not Now‘ on the next screen and also uncheck all the options below the ‘Get notifications about‘ option.
There is also another a little bit different method top stop text messaging notifications from Facebook and here it is –
- Similarly, like the last method, open up your account Settings and then the ‘Notification settings‘.
- Then swipe down to the bottom and select the ‘SMS‘ option and change the SMS frequency to ‘Only about your account‘.
- Also, uncheck all the options below to make sure that you do not receive text messages for anything at all.