If you landed on this article then you might have been receiving a lot of spammy text messages from Facebook from the number 32665. 32665 is the number used by Facebook to communicate with its users. It mostly uses this to inform its users of notifications about their profile or when they request a confirmation code to reset their Facebook password.
Now recently many users reported on how they were bombarded with silly notifications from Facebook and if a person replied to a certain text, that would get posted on Facebook as a reply or a post to whatever notification that reply was. Facebook later clarified that it was a bug which caused this bombardment of messages to users.
What does a text from 32665 mean?
The number 32665 is primarily used by Facebook to inform its users about notifications in their accounts. People can also update their status by sending it to this number. If they reply to any notification, then the reply is also automatically posted as a status update or a reply.
If the text was about someone’s birthday, then the reply is posted on the person’s timeline, who’s birthday it is. If it is a reply to a comment, then the reply sent via text is added as a reply to the comment in the said notification.
How to stop text messages from 32665?
You can easily stop these text messages by sending the word “STOP” to the same number 32665 and you receive a message from Facebook that your SMS notifications have been successfully stopped.
How to turn off text notifications from Facebook
You also have the option to turn off text notifications on the Facebook website. Turning text notifications off should turn off any kind of messages you are still receiving from 32665 number. It is very easy to do and can be done in two minutes. Here are the steps to do so –
- Open up your Facebook account settings and then go to ‘Notifications‘ and then scroll down to the bottom.
- Then change SMS frequency to ‘Only about your account’ and turn off all the other options below about SMS notifications like the comments, Tags, Reminders, etc.
How to turn off text notifications from Facebook from mobile?
The process for turning off text notifications from facebook is also pretty simple and similar to the way it is done via the desktop website. Firstly login to the Facebook app and then open up your account settings and then follow these steps –
- After you have opened up your account settings inside the app, look for Notification settings.
- Open Text Messaging and then edit the notifications option.
- Then press Not Now in the next screen and also uncheck all the options below the Get notifications about option.
There is also another very similar yet a little bit different method of stop text messaging notifications from Facebook, here it is –
- Similarly like the last method, open up your Settings and then the Notification settings.
- Then scroll down to the bottom and select the SMS option and then change the selection to only about your account.
- Also, uncheck all the option below to make sure that you do not receive text messages for anything at all.
If you are receiving Facebook password reset codes continuously, but you are not the one who is requesting them, then you should secure your account immediately and turn on two-factor authentication. To learn more about how to turn on two-factor authentication on Facebook, check out.