Spotify is very well, the most popular music streaming app among young users. Spotify users surely like to share a lot of songs among their friends, who have similar musical tastes. But lets say you want to share a song on a webpage on just on Facebook or Instagram and don’t want to post a link but an image, you can do that with Spotify URI and Spotify code generator.
What is Spotify Uri?
A URI can be defined as a Uniform Resource Identifier which is a sequence of different characters that identify a media file or a certain type of logical or physical resource. Spotify URI refers to a similar type of identifier or an indicator which is a type of a link that can be found in the share menu of a certain song, podcast, album or an Artist’s profile.
The Spotify URI is a very useful feature because this can be included in websites and apps because clicking on this directly takes you inside the Spotify App, rather than visiting Spotify.com through your browser.
How to get Spotify Uri?
The URI code of any album or artist or podcast is very easy to get on Spotify. Just follow the steps given below for all the devices –
For Desktop users
- Users of the Spotify desktop app can simply go to the three dots button beside the song of the album you want to share.
- Select the Share option and then you will find an option over there as ‘Copy Spotify URI‘, simply click on that.
- And that song’s URI code will be automatically copied to your clipboard.
And there you have it your Spotify URI which you can share or which you can use to generate a Spotify Code. If you are looking to share an album or song with your friends then I would suggest you use the normal shareable link option, as not all people are technically sound and might not be able to use it.
For Mobile App users:
Unfortunately, the Spotify URI code copying option is not available on the mobile app directly, but you get to share clickable normal URLs with your friends via the mobile app, which is more than fine because generally, I don’t see anyone trying to generate Spotify Codes via their phones and normally that is done via Desktops or Laptops. But here is a gif to show you how to get shareable links for your favorite artist’s albums and songs.
How to use Spotify Uri?
Depending on who you are there are several use cases for Spotify URI. Some of them are like –
- Serves as a unique identifier for artists and albums.
- Ability to generate Spotify – Codes, which can be further used on banners and outdoor ads.
You can easily head over to Spotifycodes.com and enter your preferred URI of your favourite artist or album and then generate your Spotify code.
What does URI mean and what does it stand for?
URI stands for Uniform Resource Identifier. It is a sequence or a string of characters that identifies a particular logical or physical resource. A URI typically includes a string of characters for the filename and it also may contain the path of the directory where the file is located. There are two different types of URIs which are URLs(Uniform Resource Locator) and URNs(Uniform Resource Name). The hierarchy can be represented with the image below.
- Uniform Resource Locator – This is also known as URL in a short form. This type of URL starts by stating which type of internet protocol is being used to locate and access the said resource. It specifies the means on which it is acting upon and obtaining the said resource in a particular situation.
- Uniform Resource Name – This is also known as a URN in a short form. This is also a type of URI but it does not state the type of protocol it is acting upon to get the resource but it will only label the resource with a persistent, location-independent unique identifier.
Difference between Spotify Url and Spotify Uri.
Finally, we can say that you have learned a lot about URIs and different types of URIs and what are they. To sum it all up, Spotify URI is just a unique resource identifier which is used for identifying and locating artists and albums on the platform while a Spotify URL does the same job and is a little bit more user-friendly and it is also clickable when inside chatting apps or in the browser.