Spotify probably is most social music streaming app, they have so many features that are similar to that of a social media site. People can create playlists and make their friends collaborate on it with them, then share it with their friends and their friends can also follow it and listen to the music inside it. Surely with a great number of features which are loved by its users, Spotify has grown into massive music streaming giant.
Still, some of its apps on many different platforms might lack some features but they are constantly innovating and updating features for their users. Many people are looking for ways to change their Spotify playlist covers. here below is a way in which you can change your playlist cover on Desktop and on an Android phone
How to change Spotify playlist cover?
It’s pretty easy to change the cover of your Spotify playlist if you have a Desktop or Laptop or a MacBook, even we have a trick for you with which you can change playlist cover from your Android phones. Anyways first here is the way in which you can change your playlist cover from the Spotify desktop app.
- First, open up the Spotify app, then open the playlist, whose cover you want to change from your library. Then click on the existing cover art if there is any or click on the black square like its shown below beside the playlist name.
- Then a dialog box named as ‘Edit Playlist Details’ will open up, there click on the option ‘Choose Image’ as shown below.
- Then your File explorer will open up, find the image which you want to set as your playlist open and then double click on it and then click on the Save button and then you are done, the playlist cover photo will be successfully changed.
How to change Spotify playlist cover on Android?
As there is no way that Spotify has given its users, to change playlist cover arts from their Android app, so one curious developer has developed this nifty app for Android users and its works perfectly fine and if there are any bugs you can easily report them to the developer and they are solved easily with a few days. First, download this Change Playlist Image – Spotify app on to your phone and then follow the steps below to learn how to change your playlist cover on Android phones? –
- Open the app, as you open the app you will be redirected to the Spotify login page, don’t worry this is just the Spotify website opening inside the app, you can enter your login credentials without any worry.
- Then another Spotify page will open with details of all the permissions you are granting to this app, then swipe up and tap on the ‘Agree’ button.
- After that, the app will authenticate with Spotify and then you shall see the list of all the playlists that you have added and created from your library shown over there in the app.
- Select the playlist, that one whose cover you want to change and then tap on its name.
- After you tapped on the playlist name, the playlist details will open up. You can tap on the upper ‘Edit’ button to edit Name and description of your playlist and tap on the ‘Choose Image’ button below to choose the image that you want to set as your playlist cover.
- Your gallery will open up after you tap on the ‘Choose Image’ button. choose the image you want to set and then the cover of your playlist will be successfully updated to the new one. You can open Spotify and check immediately to see if the change happened or not.
That was it, this is how you can change the playlist cover of your Spotify playlist from your Android devices.
What size is Spotify playlist cover?
Spotify recommends the minimum size of the image that you want to set as your playlist cover to be 300*300, it can be any resolution more than that but make sure the overall image size remains below 4MB, as it is the maximum picture size that Spotify allows you to upload.
Remember to not use any copyrighted or trademarked images, as they will get removed by Spotify.
How to customize Spotify playlist cover?
You already saw the methods to change your Spotify playlist cover, but what about creating new customized ones? Well, you can use tools like Canva. Adobe Photoshop or Crello for that. Canva and Crello are modern SAAS platforms which operate on the web and run on a freemium model. You can easily use any one of them to make a highly customized cover art for your playlists.
How to change Spotify playlist covers on iPhone?
Well currently there are no ways you can change your playlist covers from the iPhone app of Spotify but if you find any ways then please make sure to inform us so that we can update it over here and help others.