Spotify routinely releases updates for its applications for all devices and they make sure to squash any kind of bugs in them. So it’s a very good idea to keep your Spotify apps updated to the latest versions, as you also get access to the new features that they introduce with every new update.
Spotify automatically updates itself whenever there is an update but sometimes it might not. It’s best to stay updated as you get the latest features and also the latest security updates. So below are the steps to manually update Spotify in various devices –
Update Spotify on Desktop
- First, open up the Spotify app, then click on the 3 dots menu at the top left corner of the Spotify app. Then click the option Help>About Spotify.
- Then a small window will open which contains the Spotify app version info and if there are any updates available you will see an option with a download link right below the app version number.
- If there are any updates available, then click and download it and then keep on following the on-screen instructions in the installer and install the Spotify app’s new version. Don’t worry about losing your data, none will be deleted.
Update Spotify on iPhone & iPad
- First switch on Automatic updates by going to Settings and then to iTunes & App Store and then turn Updates On.
- You can also update manually by going to the App Store, then onto Updates in the bottom right and then look for Spotify and tap on Update.
- If you are unable to find Spotify in the Updates, then you already have the latest version installed.
Update Spotify on Android
- Open up the Google Play Store in your phone and then swipe open the menu from the left pane.
- Then go to My apps & games and there you will find the apps that have updates available, just tap on ‘Update all‘ to update all the apps.
- Alternatively, you can just search for the Spotify app using the search option in Google Play and then check if there are any updates available for Spotify or not.
You can always download the latest version of Spotify from their official site from this link if you are facing any problems.