Businesses realize the importance of videos to their marketing campaigns. Videos are more engaging, popular, and memorable than most advertising formats. One area that most companies overlook is subtitles or closed captions. Closed captions area text part of what is being spoken in the video repeated verbatim. Learn more about closed captions.
The Importance of Closed Captions
- Improve accessibility: According to the WHO, over 5% of humans have lost their hearing ability to some degree. These individuals would not access and watch your videos if they did not have closed captions. This capability enables you to access more prospects for your business. Individuals with hearing challenges will enjoy your content.
- Outlander speakers can watch: The internet is worldwide, available to everyone where optic fibre cables reach. Some of your viewers can be people whose mother tongue isn’t English therefore their command over the language isn’t that great and have difficulty understanding it. Adding closed captions ensures viewers realize your videos easily with no challenges.
- Engage viewers immediately: Users on the Internet consume content in numerous different ways. Videos tend to play on mute as these users scroll through the internet. Videos with closed captions capture much more attention from viewers who play the videos on mute. You can attract their attention and make them interested in your products or services.
- Improve the watch time: Online users can consume various different types of content. Your business can lose their attention if you do not interest them quickly. Flashy subtitles can help keep the viewer’s attention.
- Improve SEO: Google and many other search engine optimization experts have recommended adding great value to your websites by adding great content in the form of images and video can greatly help in ranking higher on Google. Subtitles can help you rank your videos or blog posts higher in the search engine rankings. You will rank higher than businesses without them, increasing your visibility and traffic.
- Comply with the law: Some countries have laws that require organizations to caption videos so that those are accessible to everyone. For instance, the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Rehabilitation Act. Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act necessitate this requirement to select American entities. These companies comply with the law by having closed captions, avoiding legal issues.
Using Audext To Add Closed Captions
Organizations and individuals have many online solutions for helping them have closed captions. One such platform is Audext. This program is excellent for converting mp3 to text, and it is manageable and fast.
Caption your videos with Audext by following these steps.
- Ensure the audio doesn’t contain loud noises in the background, such as music.
- Access the Audext dashboard.
- Add your video under the New transcription or New upload section.
- Identify the video’s speakers.
- Submit the video file.
- Wait for the software to convert the audio to text.
- Amend the transcript in the online editor (if necessary).
- Download the .txt or .doc file.
- Generate subtitles from the transcript using the online converter.
You can use Audext to caption in these cases.
- People can use it to caption interview transcription, such as during journalism, press conference, and podcasts.
- Students can use it to take lecture notes.
- People can use it to caption voice memos and voice recordings from mobile phones after transferring them to their laptops.
- Medical professionals, such as psychologists, use it.
The Right Caption Format for Your Videos
You can use various caption formats for your videos. The existing options are simple, intermediate, and advanced. The popular, simple caption formats are WebVTT and SRT. Intermediate options include SMPTE-TT and SCC, while the advanced options are CAP, .asc, XML, .cap, and CPT.XML.
You may choose the SRT option if you need closed captions. It is straightforward to create them with TextEdit (Mac) and Notepad (Windows). The video player should accept your video’s caption format. Most players work well with the above options.
Businesses that use closed captions can enjoy many benefits. They can attract more clients, improve average watch time, and comply with the law. You have various caption formats to consider, and the right option should work with the video player.
Audext can be an excellent program for converting mp3 to text. You can use it to get closed captions for your videos. Use it to enjoy the benefits of videos with closed captions.